Saturday, August 17, 2013

HORSING AROUND with Easy Pony Crafts!

Horsing around at Barclay Farm! It's a wonderful place where my daughter takes riding lessons and also the home of Pony Party People! Had a wonderful time helping out at their pony camp this week. It was my job to do the arts and crafts. Had such a great time!

Here are a few of the fun things we made:

Easy horse head mask shown above. Just print a bunch of these images, color, cut out the head and eyes and hot glue to a wooden dowel and you have yourself a fun mask the kids will enjoy!


PONY LACING CARDS
I used this image and layered it over colored cardstock, then cut and punched holes in it to create lacing cards. The kids used lots of colorful yard to tie them together.
You can find the original image here.


TISSUE PAPER HORSE HEAD
Easy peasy. Print and cut out the horse head image below and glue little bits of tissue paper on it! Attach an eye and yard for hanging!

You could also color and hot glue to a long stick for a "stick horse". You can find the original image here.

MINI HORSE CORALL/RING
This was my favorite craft. The kids really enjoyed it and were so creative. I found horse images online and printed them out - 9 to a page. Cutting them all was a bit of work, but well worth it. I hot-glued a long toothpick on each. Next, I used green floral foam for the base, but any styrofoam piece would do. This is just what I had lying around. I cut popsicle sticks in half for the fence. Many of the kids colored theirs with marker before putting in the foam. We used markers to color our horses, too, and glued on feathers to make the manes and tails. Before putting the horses in their ring, we put a thin layer of glue down and added hay. Without the hay - and with a colored fence - it looks like a little carousel. Fun craft!

Last, but not least, we did horse ribbons on the last day. I had taken pics of them throughout the week. I gave each kid their photo to cut into a circle. I have a 3" hole punch that makes the flower shape and then I brought a bunch of ribbon. They could use 1,2, or 3 ribbons to tape to the back.This was daughter's sweet ribbon. We pinned them on all the kids at the end of the day. :-)

Have fun making your own sweet crafts! Would love to hear your ideas and comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment