1. Jungle leaves! Whether you buy them at a party store or make your own, you're gonna need some tropical foilage!
2. Get some pith hats for your little adventurers! Use them as decoration until you give them out. (I get mine from Oriental Trading ).
3. Get tropical with your food. Bannanas, pineapples, tropical fruit salad, chicken on skewers, etc.
4. Think neutral. Tan, brown, gold, orange, and green (or any combination of them) work great for this theme.
5. Set the stage. Pull stuffed animals and books out that fit the theme.
6. Sound. The Lion King & Madagascar soundtracks are great to have in the background or for dancing. For little ones, I like to set up a music station, too, where there are african instruments like bongos and shakers.
7. Use what you have in your house. Do you have a mirror framed in teak wood or bamboo? A leopard throw or pillows? A quick look around the house made reveal a few decorations you didn't even know you had for this theme. I had a few decorations from Pier One and Bombay that worked perfectly!
8. Pin the tail on the zebra or lion! Put a new twist on the donkey theme.
9. Consider doing a gourmet popcorn station instead of a sweets table. You can use buttered, carmel, and chocolate popcorns that are a bit healthier and match perfectly with the theme.
10. Don't forget the monkeys! They almost always have those hanging monkeys at the dollar store. You can find online, too, at Oriental Trading. Great for decorations and make a sweet take home.
For more ideas and to see this party in full detail, you can go to this post.
Go wild and have fun!